ARC South London has set up a Public Research Panel chaired by Dr Josephine Ocloo. This aims to provide a space for public members from diverse backgrounds living in south London, to work in partnership with the ARC in shaping their research and building meaningful engagement in this process.
Find out more about the Public Research Panel members.
- Develop a broader model of patient/public involvement in research, grounded in principles of diversity and inclusion
- Enable members from diverse communities to be involved in co-producing, co-evaluating and helping to develop key values for research as well as the delivery of services
- Working in partnership with ARC South London researchers to build a community, diversity and participatory approach to research within the ARC, which, in so doing, helps to amplify the voices of service users and improve communication to bridge the gap between researchers and the subjects of their research.
If you are a member of the ARC and would like to book a session with the panel, please see some dates below and please read the guidance information before you complete the booking form.
How the panel works
The panel meets monthly on Zoom and researchers can present their work or research ideas at any stage.
Total meeting length - 45 mins including:
- Outlining research/project 5-10mins
- Q&A with the panel 30-35mins
Before the panel meeting
Please complete the booking form on your research project and provide a lay summary including a short bio of yourself and any other presenters beforehand which will be circulated to panel members. Please send the booking form and any supplementary information at least one week before the panel meeting. Please send the booking form to Madelene Boyton email: email@example.com
If you are presenting your project to the panel, please only join at your allotted time (either 4:10-4:55pm or 5.05-5.50pm) as we often have internal panel discussions before the presentations start.
The Zoom link and meeting agenda will be sent to you closer to the date.
Dates and times
The next available dates for the panel are:
- Wednesday 26 April 2023 (4-6pm)
- Wednesday 24 May 2023 (4-6pm)
- Wednesday 28 June 2023 (4-6pm)
- Wednesday 26 July 2023 (4-6pm)
- Thursday 28 September 2023 (4-6pm)
- Wednesday 25 October 2023 (4-6pm)
- Wednesday 29 November 2023 (4-6pm)
- Thursday 14 December 2023 (4-6pm)
- Wednesday 31 January 2024 (4-6pm)
- Wednesday 21 February 2024 (4-6pm)
- Wednesday 27 March 2024 (4-6pm)
After the panel meeting
We will ask you to fill in a feedback form which will be sent to Dr Ocloo. Written feedback will also be provided from the panel to researchers after the meeting.